- 1 box Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup caramel sauce (I used Smuckers or make your own!)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Peel and thinly slice apples. I like to slice them very thin. Mix with lemon juice to prevent from browning. Lay out first pie crust into bottom of a 9 inch pie plate.
- In a large bowl, mix together granulated sugar, ¼ cup flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract. Add apples and toss to coat.
- Pour half of apple mixture into pie plate and drizzle ½ cup caramel sauce over mixture. Pour the other half of the apple mixture into pie plate and drizzle remaining caramel on top.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the brown sugar and 1 cup of flour. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until it looks crumbly (Note: If you don’t have a pastry blender, pulse in blender or use your hands.). Sprinkle this mixture over the filling.
- To make lattice crust, cut pie crust into ½ inch think strips and place half of the strips over the pie. Weave the remaining strips over the top to form a lattice. Seal ends.
- Bake 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbling.