This is a healthy and delicious alternative to pasta.
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- Package of store-bought pesto
- Parmesan Cheese
- Torn pieces of basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. With a sharp knife, puncture squash in at least 5 places. Make sure the holes are open so that the squash doesn’t explode in the microwave
2. Place squash on two pieces of paper towel and microwave on high for 12-15 minutes. Rotate the squash 3 or 4 times throughout cooking. You’ll know when the squash is done when you press it and it gives slightly.
3. Let stand for 5 minutes to cool.
4. Cut squash in half lengthwise and discard seeds. Using a fork, remove flesh from the shell (it will come out in spaghetti like strands). Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Mix spaghetti squash with store-bought pesto, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and torn basil pieces and serve.