- 3 large eggplants
- 2 cups flour
- Olive oil
- 1 cup of your favorite tomoato sauce
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella
- Handful of basil leaves, torn
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Slice the eggplants into 1/3 inch thick disks. Sprinkle slices with salt.
3. Lightly dredge eggplant slices in the flour.
4. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat so that the pan is coated in oil a quarter of an inch high. Add the eggplant slices in a single layer and cook until golden brown on both sides. Repeat until all eggplant slices are cooked. Add more oil if necessary.
5. In a 13” X 9” baking dish, or cast-iron skillet, spread a spoonful of tomato sauce on the bottom. Arrange eggplant pieces in a single layer on bottom. Top each slice of eggplant with a small spoonful of tomato sauce, a few small pieces of torn mozzarella and a torn piece of basil. Once each piece is covered with ingredients, dust entire layer with some Parmesan cheese.
6. Continue layering, evenly distributing the ingredients, until you have used all of the ingredients.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is bubbling.