One of our favorite things to do is make homemade pizza dough and add our favorite toppings. Here’s the recipe for our dough that was passed down from our dad.
- 1 packet of Quick Rise Yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Glass of 110-115 degree water
- 1 ½ cups bread flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cornmeal
- Pinch of salt
- Follow the directions on the package of the Quick-Rise Yeast- Mix yeast with about a glass full of 110-115 degree water and half a teaspoon of sugar and stir. Set aside.
2. Pour dry ingredients into Cuisinart and add pinch of salt.
3. Set aside while you wait for yeast to rise (about 20-25 minutes)
4. When yeast has risen, turn on Cuisinart and slowly pour the entire glass in, incorporating it into the dry ingredients.
5. After adding the yeast, slowly add olive oil until a ball of dough is formed. Be very slow with adding the olive oil because you don’t want to add too much.
6. Once dough ball has formed, prepare a large bowl by coating the inside of the bowl with olive oil. Add ball of dough to the bowl and cover with a damp cloth for 1 ½ to 2 hours until the dough doubles in volume and rises.
11. Top pizza with tomato sauce (or pesto or alfredo or any kind of sauce you want!), cheese, and any other toppings and bake for about 12-15 minutes until crust is crispy and browned and cheese has melted.