- 1 lb. Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, cut into thin slices
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 large leaves of kale, torn
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 lb. Whole Wheat Penne Pasta (or any kind you have on hand)
- Parmesan Cheese
- Boil water and cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add sausage, breaking up to crumble. Cook until browned and cooked through.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until they are soft and translucent.
- Add kale, and tomatoes and cook until vegetables are soft and kale has wilted.
- Add white wine and simmer until it starts to evaporate.
- Toss pasta with sauce, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!