- 2 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup room temperature water
- 4 large room temperature eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
Creame Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces cram cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F . Grease and flour three 9×5 inch loaf pans.
In a large bowl, beat the sugar and the eggs until combined. Mix in the pumpkin, vegatable oil, and water. Beat until smooth. Slowly incorporate the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Fold in the chocolate chips. Fill pans about 3/4 full.
Bake for 1 hour, or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Rotate the pans midway through the baking process to ensure that all sides bake evenly. Cool on wire racks before removing from pans.
Creame Cheese Frosting Directions:
Sift the confectioners’ sugar into a medium bowl and set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter until it is completely smooth. Add the cream cheese and beat until combined.
Add the confectioner’s sugar, vanilla, and salt and beat until smooth. Be careful not to over beat the filling or it will lose structure. (The filling can be made 1 day ahead. Cover the bowl tightly and put it in the refrigerator. Let the filling soften at room temperature before using.)
Spread evenly on to cooled loaves.