Turkey Burger Ingredients:
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2-3 tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Caramelized Onion Ingredients:
- 1 yellow or Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- 3 tbsp Mayo
Directions for carmelizing onion:
Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper. The salt will sweat the onion and make it soft. Cook, stirring frequently until the onions are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Directions for turkey burger patties:
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients. Form into 4 equal size patties.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat with a little olive oil on the bottom.
- Cook the patties in theskillet, over medium heat, flipping once until done (about 5 minutes on each side).
- Meanwhile, make your Sriracha-mayo mixture by combining both ingredients.
- Toast the buns in a broiler or toaster. Schmear each side of the bun lightly with Sriracha-mayo. Put a burger on each of the bottom buns and top each burger with caramelized onions, lettuce, and any other toppings you want!
I had a craving for chocolate chip cookies but noticed I didn’t have any brown sugar in my pantry. Determined to satistfy my craving, I adapted a standard chocolate chip cookie to adjust for no brown sugar. The cookies turned out soft and a little chewy!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a mixer to cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time and mix until incorporated. Add vanilla and blend until combined.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and mix until combined. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Form heaping tablespoons of dough on the baking sheet two inches apart.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes or until lightly golden.
Additions: I added 1/2 cup oats and 1/2 cup of coconut flakes to half of the batter to make Coconut Oat Chocolate Chip cookies (seen below). Feel free to add nuts or any other additions when you add the chocolate chips!
Use our homemade pizza dough recipe and top it with anything you want! Pictured below are a sausage pizza with a classic tomato pizza sauce and an asparagus, sausage, and mushroom pizza with pesto sauce.
If you’re having a pizza party, put out crushed red pepper, fresh basil, and freshly grated parmesan cheese for your guests!
- 12 ounces linguine
- 12 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 4-5 sprigs basil, plus torn leaves for garnish
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 1/2 cups water
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
Combine pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, red-pepper flakes, basil, oil, 2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and water in a large straight-sided skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil mixture, stirring and turning pasta frequently with tongs, until pasta is al dente and water has nearly evaporated, about 9-10 minutes.Season to taste with salt and pepper, divide among 4 bowls, and garnish with basil and Parmesan cheese.
- 1 lb of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 oz of pancetta, diced
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 bag of baby spinach
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more or less depending on how spicy you like
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Prepare all of your ingredients before you add the pasta to the water – Peel and devein the shrimp. Mince the garlic and parsley, chop the onion, juice and zest the lemon.
In a large sauté on medium heat, add olive oil and pancetta. Sauté for until the pancetta is browned and fat is rendered.
Remove the pancetta from the pan and add the onion in the same pan you cooked the pancetta in. Cook until soft and translucent. Season with black pepper and red pepper. The red pepper will make it spicy so add according to how spicy you’d like the pasta. Then add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the spinach and tomatoes and cook until spinach is wilted and cooked down. Add white wine, raise the temperature to high and let the mixture simmer for 2-3 minutes until it slightly reduces. Add butter and chicken broth and let simmer until it slightly reduces. Add cream and let it simmer until a little thickened. Add shrimp and cook, until pink. This won’t take long. Maybe 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and a tablespoon of lemon zest.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil. Add 1-2 tablespoons of salt to the boiling water, then add pasta. Stir the pasta as it cooks to make sure it doesn’t stick together. When you drain the pasta, reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid in a separate bowl/cup to use if the sauce needs thinning.
Toss the cooked pasta in the sauté pan. Add some of the cooking liquid from the pasta if feel you need more of a sauce. Toss with some parmesan or Romano cheese and the parsley and serve.