I had a craving for chocolate chip cookies but noticed I didn’t have any brown sugar in my pantry. Determined to satistfy my craving, I adapted a standard chocolate chip cookie to adjust for no brown sugar. The cookies turned out soft and a little chewy!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a mixer to cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time and mix until incorporated. Add vanilla and blend until combined.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and mix until combined. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Form heaping tablespoons of dough on the baking sheet two inches apart.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes or until lightly golden.
Additions: I added 1/2 cup oats and 1/2 cup of coconut flakes to half of the batter to make Coconut Oat Chocolate Chip cookies (seen below). Feel free to add nuts or any other additions when you add the chocolate chips!