Turkey Burger Ingredients:
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2-3 tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Caramelized Onion Ingredients:
- 1 yellow or Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- 3 tbsp Mayo
Directions for carmelizing onion:
Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper. The salt will sweat the onion and make it soft. Cook, stirring frequently until the onions are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Directions for turkey burger patties:
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients. Form into 4 equal size patties.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat with a little olive oil on the bottom.
- Cook the patties in theskillet, over medium heat, flipping once until done (about 5 minutes on each side).
- Meanwhile, make your Sriracha-mayo mixture by combining both ingredients.
- Toast the buns in a broiler or toaster. Schmear each side of the bun lightly with Sriracha-mayo. Put a burger on each of the bottom buns and top each burger with caramelized onions, lettuce, and any other toppings you want!